|Title||No way to get live information about the behaviour of the MPS|
|Assigned user||Gareth Rees|
|Description||It would be very useful to have live information about what the MPS is up to within a process. The kind of information you'd like to see is:|
* How many chunks has it created? How much address space in each chunk?
* How much memory is committed to RAM?
* What pools are in use? How much memory in each pool?
* What chains are in use? How much memory in each generation?
* What traces are in progress? What are they up to?
|Analysis||We could arrange for the MPS to output telemetry to a named pipe, with a program reading from the pipe, updating an internal model of the state of the MPS, and displaying this in a user interface. (If the program can't keep up with the MPS, then the named pipe will fill up and the MPS will have to wait.)|
|Created by||Gareth Rees|
|Created on||2016-03-06 11:06:22|
|Last modified by||Gareth Rees|
|Last modified on||2020-09-06 18:22:43|
|History||2016-03-06 GDR Created based on .|
|195235||closed||2018-10-13 12:22:24||Gareth Rees||Merge branch/2018-06-20/monitor into the master sources.|