/* version.c: VERSION INSPECTION
* $Id: //info.ravenbrook.com/project/mps/master/code/version.c#42 $
* Copyright (c) 2001-2020 Ravenbrook Limited.
* See end of file for license.
* The purpose of this module is to provide a means by which the
* version of the MM library being used can be determined.
* .design: See <design/version-library>, but -- to let you in on a
* secret -- it works by declaring a string with all the necessary info
SRCID(version, "$Id: //info.ravenbrook.com/project/mps/master/code/version.c#42 $");
/* MPS_RELEASE -- the release name
* .release.use: This macro is used (i) to prepare MPSVersionString
* (see below) and so identify any binary built using this source
* file; (ii) by the Sphinx documentation (see manual/source/conf.py)
* to identify the documentation; (iii) by the Autoconf script (see
* configure.ac) to identify the configure script.
* .release.meaning: This names the next release that is expected to
* be built from these sources.
* .release.procedure: After making a version branch, update this
* string in the master sources to name the next version. After making
* a point release, update this string to name the next point release.
* .release.old: before 2006-02-01 the style was "release.epcore.chub".
#define MPS_RELEASE "release/1.118.0"
/* MPSCopyrightNotice -- copyright notice for the binary
* .copyright.year: This one should have the current year in it
* (assuming we've made any substantial changes to the library this year).
extern char MPSCopyrightNotice;
char MPSCopyrightNotice =
"Portions copyright (c) 2010-2020 Ravenbrook Limited and Global Graphics Software.";
/* MPSVersion -- return version string
* The value of MPSVersion is a declared object comprising the
* concatenation of all the version info. The "@(#)" prefix is the
* convention used by the BSD Unix command what(1); see also
extern char MPSVersionString;
char MPSVersionString =
"@(#)Ravenbrook MPS, "
"product." MPS_PROD_STRING ", " MPS_RELEASE ", platform." MPS_PF_STRING
", variety." MPS_VARIETY_STRING ", compiled on " __DATE__ " " __TIME__;
/* C. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
* Copyright (C) 2001-2020 Ravenbrook Limited <https://www.ravenbrook.com/>.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS
* IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
* TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
* PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT
* HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
* SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
* LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
* DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
* THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
* (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
* OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.