|Title||No instructions on how to upgrade from the beta|
|Assigned user||Leah Bateman|
|Description||A small number of sites will be running a beta release like 0.4.2 or 0.5.1. When release 1.0.x comes out they will naturally want to upgrade. But the P4DTI doesn't have any instructions telling them how to do this.|
|Analysis||The intructions will look something like this:|
1. Stop the integration.
2. Take a copy of your config_DT.py.
3. Delete the old integration installation.
4. Upgrade your Perforce and DT servers to meet new requirements for P4DTI.
5. Install the new release of the integration.
6. Copy your old config_DT.py to the new config.py. Make any necessary changes (probably none).
7. Start the integration.
This needs checking, testing and documenting.
|Evidence||I just know.|
|Created by||Gareth Rees|
|Created on||2001-01-14 23:35:50|
|Last modified by||Gareth Rees|
|Last modified on||2010-10-06 21:37:09|
|History||2001-01-14 GDR Created.|
2001-01-16 RB Set priority to "essential".
|8934||closed||2001-02-22 19:26:41||Gareth Rees||Added instructions on upgrading from an old release.|