|Title||AG doesn't give advice on making problem reports|
|Assigned user||Richard Brooksby|
|Description||The AG doesn't give advice on how to get effective support for the P4DTI. Typically someone e-mails a section of their P4DTI log -- for example, the error message at the end. This is rarely enough information to track down the problem.|
|Analysis||There should be a section in the AG about how to submit a problem report. People should e-mail <firstname.lastname@example.org> (<email@example.com> for release 1.0 or later) enclosing the following:|
1. Which release of P4DTI they are using.
2. As much of p4dti.log as seems relevant (they could usefully run P4DTI with the verbose option set to get as much detail in the log as possible).
3. A copy of their config_DT.py (config.py in release 1.0).
|Created by||Gareth Rees|
|Created on||2001-01-17 16:17:03|
|Last modified by||Gareth Rees|
|Last modified on||2001-12-10 19:19:17|
|History||2001-01-17 GDR Created.|
2001-02-19 GDR Downgraded to essential.
|7296||closed||2001-01-18 14:50:40||Gareth Rees||Carrying out actions from LMB's e-mail 2001-01-18:
1. Deleted vague and confused paragraph in 3.2.2.
2. Clarified description of closed_state.
3. Moved section 10.1 to 12.2, under the exact error message.
4. Wrote new section 12.1 (things to try).