|Title||Integration Kit is hard to build and test|
|Assigned user||Nick Barnes|
|Description||Building the P4DTI from the Integration Kit is not adequately documented. It requires various prerequisites in addition to those specified in the AG. Most importantly, it requires Visual C++ to build the Windows eventlog DLL. To generate the Bugzilla patch files it also requires all the original (unpatched) Bugzilla sources. To test, you need to build an appropriate configuration file and know how to invoke the tests.|
|Analysis||[NB 2003-05-19] You don't need quite so much now that we're not building Python modules for the TeamShare API. The Python build script also helps as it guides the build process.|
1. Download and install the Python Win32 extensions.
2. Make a configuration for your machine (config_xxx).
3. Specify p4_server_executable, p4_license_file. (It would be good if the test suite worked in the absence of a license file.)
4. Specify settings for start_date, closed_state, p4_port, replicated_fields as needed by the test suite.
5. Explain the special environment variables P4DTI_PATH and P4DTI_CONFIG (, item 2.5).
Other stuff we need to do to the kit:
1. We need to split shell.py into shell_debug.py and shell_release.py so that it will work in both configurations (, item 3).
2. Include unittest.py in the kit, or at least provide instructions to get it (, item 4).
|Created by||Gareth Rees|
|Created on||2001-07-24 15:23:56|
|Last modified by||Nick Barnes|
|Last modified on||2018-07-05 17:27:44|
|History||2001-07-24 GDR Created.|
2001-09-24 GDR Added item from NDL's testing .
2003-05-19 NB Updated to reflect post-TeamTrack status.
2018-07-05 NB Suspended because the P4DTI is obsolete.