|Title||Configuration section in AG needs improvement|
|Assigned user||Gareth Rees|
|Description||The configuration section in the AG (section 5.1) is hard to understand or hard to make use of in places.|
1. p4_client_executable: no mention of the version mismatch problem (job000377).
2. log_level: example for message.NOTICE can't normally appear.
3. log_file: item 4 in the list is badly phrased.
4. changelist_url: no mention of effect of setting this parameter.
5. Generally: lack of indication of where quotes are required and where not (some users have trouble with the distinction between None and "None").
6. replicate_p: not enough information to write one yourself (see job000403).
|Analysis||Fix all these problems.|
|Created by||Gareth Rees|
|Created on||2001-10-16 15:15:21|
|Last modified by||Gareth Rees|
|Last modified on||2001-12-10 19:57:59|
|History||2001-10-16 GDR Created.|
2001-11-22 GDR Note that in many cases there's no worry about confusing None with "None" because the latter will fail some test (e.g., administrator_address = "None" will fail because "None" isn't a valid e-mail address; smtp_server = "None" will fail because a connection can't be made to the SMTP server). replicate_p has been moved to the AAG.
|24127||closed||2001-11-22 16:06:44||Gareth Rees||Improved the configuration instructions in AG.
Under p4_client_executable, mention the version mismatch problem.
Improved phrasing under log_level and log_file.
Figure illustrates changelist_url and job_url.
Distinction drawn between "None" and None where it could cause trouble.