|Title||Automated tests don't cover some important functionality|
|Assigned user||Nick Barnes|
|Description||The automated tests don't cover important P4DTI functionality. This increases the cost of manual testing at each release, increases the chance that major defects will be introduced while making changes, increases the cost of making a change and so reduces the maintainability of the P4DTI.|
|Analysis||See  for a summary of coverage by the test suite.|
Here are the significant holes in the coverage on 2002-01-04 [2,3]:
6. Error during reverting an issue: is the right e-mail sent?
7. Error during new_p4_job: is the right mail sent?
8. Error during migration: is the bug deleted?
9. Migration of users to Bugzilla.
10. Updating a changelist (e.g., edited description).
11. Checking that changelists are replicated correctly.
12. Permission failures.
13. Resolutions: setting and clearing through Perforce.
14. Wrongly constructed bugs during migration/new issue creation.
15. Date fields.
16. Timestamp fields.
17. Integer fields.
18. Schema change on upgrade (see also job000302).
20. Upgrading (see also job000302).
21. Command-line interfaces.
|Created by||Gareth Rees|
|Created on||2002-01-04 16:19:00|
|Last modified by||Nick Barnes|
|Last modified on||2018-07-05 17:27:55|
|History||2002-01-04 GDR Created based on  and .|
2018-07-05 NB Suspended because the P4DTI is obsolete.