|Title||Insufficient documentation for running tests|
|Assigned user||David Jones|
|Description||There is insufficient documentation for running the tests. The|
existing documentation exists as part of the test design ,
but that only explains what commands to run.
|Analysis||Important things missing from the documentation are:|
* prerequisites for running tests.
* Explanation of what the config.py parmaters mean in the context
of testing (in particular, some of the parameters specify new
things that the test will create and use (dbms_database), others
specify things that the test expects to exist already
* Ways the test environment can be changed.
Specific items I've noticed:
* prereq: a config file. Obvious really.
* config: config file defaults to blah blah but can be changed
* prereq: an XML parser for the python SAX module. Apparently
python 2.2 (on FreeBSD) doesn't come with one, but installing
* prereq: a p4 license. For some of the tests.
* config: p4_license_file in config.py needs documenting. Found
doc for this somewhere, but not in the right place and I can't
remember where now.
* prereq: some space in /tmp. I only noticed this because I ran
/tmp space (on my machine /tmp is on a 200MB partition).
* config: location of tmp files can be changed with TMPDIR.
* proc: procedure for running a single test (in the test design)
does not work with python 2.2 on FreeBSD. I suspect unittest.py
has changed / is wrong / is buggy.
* config: P4DTI_PATH can be used to direct the testing at a
different version of the p4dti.
* prereq: A running mysql server, and a user with appropriate
access to databases.
|Evidence|| <URL: |
|Created by||David Jones|
|Created on||2003-06-02 11:59:26|
|Last modified by||Nick Barnes|
|Last modified on||2018-07-05 17:28:08|
|History||2003-06-02 DRJ Created.|
2018-07-05 NB Suspended because the P4DTI is obsolete.