Dr Nick Levine
- Deep knowledge of Common Lisp based on decades of work;
- Considerable experience in the analysis and debugging of large Lisp systems;
- Expert in graph layout and interactive display of complex networks;
- Expert in rule-based Natural Language Processing systems;
- Expert in the development of social network analysis software;
- Good communicator and teacher of Lisp at University level;
- Working knowledge of Python, C, Java and database systems.
- 2000-present: Senior Consultant, Ravenbrook Limited. Work has included:
- long-term social network analysis
and graphical display
project, routinely processing graphs with thousands of nodes and
- Lisp/Java/AMQP/Hessian bindings;
- various online registration and payment systems, test harnesses,
database integration project.
- Presented tutorials at the International Lisp Conferences in 2002,
(and was local chair
- 1999-2001: Senior Lecturer, Department of Computer
Science, Anglia Polytechnic
University. Taught Common
Lisp and the first semester introduction to programming. Assisted
in laboratory sessions teaching other
the limitations of pure HTML as a vehicle for delivering non-trivial
applications; the restrictions inherent in a text-only user interface;
design of a fully-indexed search engine.
- 1999: Tractebel Short
contract teaching Allegro Common Lisp
- 1988-1999: Computer
Limited. Most of this time spent in the Lisp group working in a
variety of roles: Lisp language implementation, release engineering,
build and source-control systems, treeshaking techniques for
application delivery, object systems, usability and presentation,
large-scale software integration, software licensing, GUI development.
Layout algorithms for non-planar cyclic graphs. Helped review Paul
Graham's "ANSI Common
Lisp". Later: product manager and technical manager.
$Id: //info.ravenbrook.com/project/www.ravenbrook.com/version/4.0/page/consultants/ndl/index.shtml#18 $